Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pineapple-y Deliciousness

I loooooooooove me some pineapple.  I mean, who can resist?  Certainly not me.  While I have so many pineapple desserts that I love, here are a few that the kids and I made today. 
First up?  Grilled pineapple.  I don't even need to make an ingredient list for you.  Seriously.  That easy.  First, I cut up a fresh pineapple and leave one whole chunk intact.  Heat up your grill to a medium heat and then turn it to low heat.  Toss on that big chunk of pineapple.  Watch it closely and turn a few times.  Be sure to get those pretty grill marks! Remove the pineapple from the grill, drizzle some honey on it and top it with your favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt.  OR if you wanna be super healthy, skip the ice cream and yogurt all together.  (If you have that kind of self-control.) Grab the biggest fork you have and ENJOY!
 Next up... pineapple upside-down cake.  The nice thing about this recipe is that you get not one, but TWO cakes!  (YES!)  I've been known to share the second cake with a lucky neighbor or friend, but not very often.  Here's what you need to make this deliciousness:

*1 box yellow cake mix
*1 stick of butter
*1/2 cup packed brown sugar
*8 pineapple slices (fresh or can is fine)
*pecan halves
*2- 9" round cake pans

Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Set the batter aside. Split the butter in half and put one of each half in the pans. Turn your oven on to 350 and set the pans inside to melt the butter as the over is pre-heating. After the butter is melted, remove the pans from the oven and add 1/4 cup brown sugar to each pan.  Mix it all together with a fork and spread it so it makes a nice glaze in the bottom of each pan.  Lay 4 pineapple slices in each pan and arrange the pecans around them.  Next, pour 1/2 the cake batter into each pan, on top of the brown sugar, pineapple and pecans.  Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Cool for about 5-10 minutes and then take a knife and loosen the sides.  Invert onto a plate.  Serve warm.  SO good.  My husband and kids go crazy when I make this... It will take you about 10 minutes to put together.  So quick and the rewards are scrumptious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment