Monday, October 10, 2016

My Favorite Fall Looks

If you're like me, you probably walk into your closet and stare.... what to wear today???  I think that's part of the fun with the change of seasons.  Things seem so fresh and new.  I've been working on adding fun, fall pieces to my wardrobe for the past month or so now.  I got some "staple" wardrobe pieces from some of my fav shops and I'd love to share them with you!  These aren't special occasion looks or anything.  Just pretty, functional, comfortable, everyday outfits. 
That's not to say I don't have the "what to wear" struggle on the daily.  It's as real as the "what's for dinner" dilemma.  But I'm a planner, and that can definitely be an asset.  Unlike dinner, which I generally plan out for the week ahead, my outfit inspo is more sporadic and depends a lot on what the ever changing MN weather has in store for the day, how my mood is and what I'm up to for the day.  These outfits are pretty well perfection for your average day because they are so comfortable and low-maintenance. 




First up?  You guys, I can't say enough about this amazing flannel. 


Flannel: Angry Minnow Vintage, Tank: Target, Jeans: Francesca's, LOVE Necklace: Wild Ruffle,
Boots: So old I can't even remember


It so unique, super versatile, super cool, soft AND supports small business, which I love.  This flannel is by Angry Minnow Vintage, available at the Crowned Crow in Rosemount, MN.  Ron & Christine Carter, the design masterminds behind these gorgeous products, are a husband and wife team.  Between the two of them, they make so many beautiful, unique products including (but not limited to) leather handbags, crossbody bags, keychains, flannels, leather cuffs... all amazing, all one of a kind, all handmade with vintage materials.  It's truly the good stuff.
My flannel is a fall staple.  What's even better?  They make 'em for the little ones as well!  Check out the much cuter, mini version of me in her Angry Minnow flannel. 
Flannel: Angry Minnow Vintage, Shorts & Tank: Target, Shoes: Marshalls


No joke, she wears it at least a few times a week.  It goes to school with her many days as an extra layer of warmth.  She styles in with jeans, leggings, boots, sneakers... you name it, this girl can pull it off!






This past weekend my handsome husband and I went out to celebrate our wedding anniversary at The Port in the historic St. James Hotel.  I love that place for numerous reasons.  The atmosphere and food are amazing, the bartender, Lori, is the best AND it's totally low key.  You can choose to dress up for the night or dress down, but either way, you will feel like you "fit in."  My husband is a super low key, casual kind of guy so I decided to dress in some cute jeans and one of my favorite new sweaters.  It's a recent purchase from Francesca's.  If you've never been there, you must.  They have such pretty, stylish clothes as well as offer an array of gifts.  It's got a small town boutique feel but, but located in a mall.  I went to the Francesca's at Twin Cities Premium Outlets.  I walked in, saw this sweater on the front table and let me tell you, it was love at first sight.
Sweater & Jeans: Francesca's, Booties: Charlotte Russe


So pretty, right??  These skinnies are from Francesca's as well and I don't think I've taken them off since I brought them home.






Another sweater weather win is this cutie from Primp Boutique in Excelsior.  The family and I took a few hours one afternoon on a gorgeous day to stroll around the Minnetonka/Excelsior area.  We had lunch at Lord Fletcher's, dessert at Maynard's and then My Sweet Girl and I hit the shops!  I love the hemline of this sweater and the zipper detail on the sides.  Super cute!
Sweater: Primp Boutique, Jeans; Francesca's
Boots: So old I can't even remember




Speaking of super cute... blazers, you guys.  They are just so easy!  What a great way to add an extra layer to the typical jeans and tee. This one is from my fav Prior Lake Boutique, Wild Ruffle
Blazer: Wild Ruffle, Jeans: Francesca's, Tee: Target, Booties, Charlotte Russe


If you are from the Twin Cities area, you have probably caught Cate & Tammy, owners of Wild Ruffle, on Fox 9 Morning Buzz talking fashion.  These girls not only know their stuff, but they are super sweet as well.  If you are from the Twin Cities area, I urge you to check out the Wild Ruffle.  If you aren't from the area, you're in luck! They are online and are super easy to shop. (link above)  They also have recently added kid's clothes to their array of cuteness, so you know where to find me come Christmas time.  I can't wait to put some fun, unique kids clothes under the tree for my fashion loving littles!






If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know that our family took a little camping trip in August.  We went to Lansboro... a cozy, lovely, scenic little town that boasts river views, bike trails and beautiful bluffs as far as the eye can see.  Our trip was... interesting.  We had a great time swimming, exploring bike trails, tubing and campfires.  But my youngest ended up with the stomach flu, which ended up resulting in some pretty puke filled memories.  YIKES!  Before all that craziness took place, we had so much fun shopping the unique little shops in Lanesboro.  One in particular, Beautiful Something, was were I found this lightweight, soft, camo shirt.  It's so cute, comfortable, on trend with the camo print that is big this fall AND pairs fabulously with my ripped knee black denim skinnies from Francesca's.
Shirt: Beautiful Something, Jeans: Francesca's, Booties, Charlotte Russe, MN Necklace: Primp Boutique




Last, and certainly not least, I just couldn't do an outfit post without including something from MY FAV, Mainstream Boutique in Savage.  They are filled to the brim with amazing fall fashion must haves, including this stunning sweater.  It's super soft and brings the cold shoulder trend from summer into the fall.  It's just simply beautiful.   
Sweater & Jeans: Mainstream Boutique in Savage


I paired it with some Dear John denim, which is a plenty right now!  If you are looking for the perfect jeans, you need to stop in to Mainstream Boutique in Savage.  Or check them out on Facebook!  Their daily #ootd posts are second to none and you are bound to find something you adore. Seriously.  Happens to me every single time. Loooooove.






*you can follow me on IG @HauteDishHousewife , on FB Haute Dish Housewife , on Pinterest @HauteDishHousewife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife and SnapChat @HauteDishHWife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment