Friday, May 13, 2016

Kielbasa Stew

I'm a bit upset that it's come back to this... cold weather recipes in May.  Mother Nature has once again pulled a cruel trick on us Minnesotans considering this time last week it was sunshine and 80's.
I usually try to find the bright side in all, and the bright side of gross weather is that I got to turn on the fireplace today and snuggle with my Little One while we watched movies and I caught up on some blog work.  A relaxing Friday after a busy week and before a busy weekend of dance recitals isn't so bad.  Another bright spot is that I get to share this delicious recipe with you! 
I've made this kielbasa stew a few times and it's sooo yummy.  I feel like I've finally perfected it and feel comfortable sharing with you.  Like the recipe for my Hunters Soup, this recipe boarders on a soup and stew.  It's thinner than stew, but thicker and heartier than soup, so I'm going with stew for this one!  The sour cream helps to thicken it up at the end and gives it such a delicious flavor.
This recipe is super easy to throw together and it can be stretched to feed a bigger crew.  Serve with a crusty French baguette or some garlic bread.


Here's what you need to make this kielbasa stew on a chilly day!



Kielbasa Stew

*one pound kielbasa, cut up into chunks
*one Tbls butter
*one can beef broth
*one can (15oz) muir glen tomato sauce
*1.5 cups of water
*1.5 cups of diced potatoes
*2 cups shredded cabbage
*2 stalks celery, chopped
*1.5 cups baby carrots
*one sweet yellow onion, chopped
*one green pepper, diced
*1.5 teas salt
*1/2 teas pepper
*one bay leaf
*1/4 cup sour cream, plus more for a dollop when serving

In a soup pot cook kielbasa, onions, celery and green pepper in butter for a few minutes over medium heat. Pour in broth, tomato sauce, & water.  Add salt, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and add cabbage, carrots and potatoes.    Turn down heat a bit and bring to a simmer for 45 minutes.  Stir in 1/4 cup of sour cream and heat through before serving.  Pour into bowls and, if you choose, top with a small dollop of sour cream.  I also like to throw some chopped green onion on there for garnish sometimes.

This stew is definitely the trick to warming up on a cool night!  Pin it, share it, and thank you so much for your support!
*you can follow me on IG @HauteDishHousewife , on FB Haute Dish Housewife , on Pinterest @HauteDishHousewife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife and SnapChat @HauteDishHWife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways.  You can also catch me live on Periscope at HauteDishHWife

No comments:

Post a Comment