Saturday, January 7, 2017

Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup

Because who doesn't love a good, easy crockpot recipe??  I'm all over it.
I've said it before and I'll say it again... there are days my crockpot is pretty much my BFF.  Like, there for me allllll day.  It's so nice to put in a bit of effort in the AM and then enjoy a delicious dinner hours later.  This cheeseburger soup is worth the wait!
I use the term "soup" lightly with this recipe.  It's thick, creamy, delicious... it really is a meal in it's own.  I usually serve a baguette on soup nights but skip when I make this cheeseburger soup.  When a soup has chunks of potatoes, veggies and meat already in it, skipping the baguette just kind of gives me one less thing to do.
Plus, pretty much everyone loves cheeseburgers, right?!?!
Just like a cheeseburger, you can make this soup your own by adding your favorite toppings to your bowl.  I made this on a whim so I only had cheese & sour cream available but have added lots of yummy stuff in the past.  Some great ideas would be bacon (duh), tomatoes, green onions, spinach, chives, sautéed or fresh mushrooms, avocado, fried or caramelized onions... the list could go on and on.

Is your mouth watering yet??  Here is what you need to make this deliciously filling soup...

Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup

*2 cups chopped potatoes
*one medium onion, diced
*2 stalks of celery, chopped
*3/4 cup sliced carrots
*3/4 teas dried basil
*one teas dried parsley
4 cups of chicken broth
*one pound of ground beef
*4 Tbls butter
*1/4 cup flour
*1.5 cups of half & half
*one teas garlic powder
*1/2 teas pepper
*1/4 cup sour cream
*2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar

Add potatoes, onion, celery, carrots, basil, parsley and broth to slow cooker.  Cook on low for about 7 hours.  About 30 minutes before serving, brown the ground beef in a large saucepan.  Drain and add meat to the soup.  In the same saucepan add the butter and heat over medium heat until melted.  Add flour and stir until the butter and flour are mixed well.  Slowly whisk in the half and half and keep whisking until the mixture thickens up a bit.  Add to the crockpot along with salt, pepper, garlic powder and sour cream.  Stir to combine all ingredients.  Serve in bowls with your fav toppings. (ideas listed above)



*you can follow me on IG @HauteDishHousewife , on FB Haute Dish Housewife , on Pinterest @HauteDishHousewife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife and SnapChat @HauteDishHWife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways. 


No comments:

Post a Comment