Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Let Me Tell You A Secret

I loooooove getting homemade gifts.  They always seem so sweet, special and they come at just the right time.  But I also like to give them.  I don't think of myself as super creative or crafty, but I've been really working hard to put more time and effort into it, outside of the kitchen, where I feel most comfortable.
So, something I've really liked the thought of doing is making my own bath products.  I wouldn't go as far as actual soaps or shampoo, but have been easing into it with bath salts, sugar scrubs... things us moms, or just busy women in general, don't usually don't take the time to pamper ourselves with.  I recently made my own lavender bath salts, but then knew that before I'd give it to friends, I'd have to try them out myself.  MY GOODNESS!  How wonderful!  I felt so relaxed, refreshed and then snuggled up in bed with a book... it was a perfect night.  The next day, I went to the local grocery store, stocked up on ingredients and made a few batches to keep on hand for gifts.  So easy to throw together and make pretty, something you know will get used because everyone likes to relax once in awhile... a wonderful gift to give to a friend for a birthday, Christmas, teacher gifts or just a small way to let someone know you care and are thinking of them.
So here's what you need to give yourself or a dear friend the gift of relaxation...


Lavender Bath Salts
*2 cups Epsom salts (flushes toxins from the body, eases muscle aches and is also said to help with migraine headaches)
*2 tbls baking soda (refresh and sooth skin)
*1.5-2tbls coconut oil, melted (soothes and softens skin, can even help with mild eczema)
*8-10 drops lavender essential oil (a natural detoxifier, helps with relaxation and sleep)

Mix together well in a bowl and store in half pint mason jars.  The above recipe will fill three half pint mason jars.  I just used a few things around the house to make my jars pretty and ready to give to loved ones.  Now, pamper yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment