Monday, October 5, 2015

Cheesy Chicken Casserole

Years before my husband and I were married, I would make this dish for him and it became a fav of his. He likes it because it's cheesy and topped with stuffing and I love it because not only is it delicious, but it's so easy to throw together and pop in the oven.  Plus it's got lots of melty swiss cheese and who in their right mind can resist that, right??!!

While we went out this past weekend and celebrated our wedding anniversary (more on that in a later blog post) I figured I'd post one of our fav recipes from when I first started cooking for him.  It says a lot about a dish when 13 years later we are still making it!
Wait for a nice cool night, make this dish and snuggle up with your loved ones afterwards for a game or movie night.  Cozy bliss.
Here's what you need to make this simple, cheesy and pleasey (I know it's technically not a word, but kinda should be):


Cheesy Chicken Casserole

*3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
*one can cream of chicken soup
*1/4 can of milk (I use the empty soup can and fill it 1/4 full of 2% milk)
*6-8 slices of swiss cheese
*one box of Stove Top chicken stuffing

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray 9x13 inch dish with non-stick spray and line bottom with the chicken breasts. In a bowl, whisk together the can of cream of chicken soup and 1/4 can of milk.  Whisk it until it's creamy and well mixed... no lumps! Pour over the chicken breasts and then top with slices of swiss cheese.  Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.  Prepare the box of stove top stuffing according to package directions and then spoon that on top of the chicken and cheese.  Bake for about 5-10 more minutes.  Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Such a crowd pleaser!


*you can follow me on IG or Pinterest @hautedishhousewife, on FB at Haute Dish Housewife https://www.facebook.com/hautedishhousewife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment