Saturday, February 27, 2016

Look Good, Feel Good

I really do believe that there is truth to the saying, "Look good, feel good." 
We all have those days.  Days that we wake up feeling unmotivated, maybe feeling a bit down & out.  Maybe a situation with a family member or friend has you left you feeling a bit lost.  Or maybe just tired!  Whatever the reason, those days leave me feeling blah.  I sometimes will give myself a day (or two if things are really tough!) where little effort is put into getting myself ready. (Think yoga pants, messy bun or pony and zero makeup.)  But I find that I can't give in to that feeling more than once or twice a week otherwise I start to feel somewhat lazy and depressed. 
While some days take a bit more effort than others, there is something to be said about getting up and just pulling yourself together.  Give yourself a few more minutes to do something cute with your hair, give that new lipstick a try or take a minute to go through your shoe collection and find a pair you've been leaving behind for awhile. 
Getting dressed up in something that looks cute just makes me feel good.  Going out to run that extra errand doesn't seem like such a chore.  I take more time to visit with people because I feel more comfortable with them seeing me.  I don't feel less than adequate when making an unexpected first impression.  I also find that if I get out of bed and take the time to get ready I'm even more productive IN the house.  I cook more and bake more.  I grab the vacuum and get going.  The lazier I allow myself to be and look, the lazier I feel.  Do you feel the same?
Even the colors I choose to wear can brighten my day, which is why I'm so thankful that Spring is around the corner.  Every Tuesday when I walk into Mainstream Boutique in Savage, I'm greeted with sweet, friendly faces AND pops of color everywhere!  It's an instant mood lifter!  I had mentioned in my last blog post that different shades of orange, (think coral and tangerine) floral and lace are really hot this spring, and these outfits from Mainstream Boutique in Savage definitely follow suite.
So check out my picks this week and if you see something you love, treat yourself and spend the day feeling fancy free in your new ensemble!


This asymmetrical dress is such a gorgeous color.  It just screams happy! I paired this with a scarf and a pretty emerald green necklace.  This outfit is effortless and totally cute!
Dress: $54, Scarf: $24, Necklace: $48



Next is this sleeveless plaid dress with lovely lace detail on the bottom.  I belted it to give me a bit more shape and wore nude flats to finish off the look. (Nude shoes, especially heels, make legs appear even longer than they are.  Which is always a good thing!)
Dress: $64, Tank $36, Belt: $18



This low cut maxi dress is flattering and is a great opportunity to show off that gorgeous necklace.  The cardigan is a perfect addiction to the outfit and comes in other colors as well as shown below.
Dress: $70, Cardigan: $58, Bracelet: $36, Necklace: $48



Floral makes me happy!  This dress is so light, soft and I love the little tassel detail. Again, I chose to belt the dress but this would look great without as well.  This would make a gorgeous cover up to throw over a swim suit (think vacation!) and head to lunch.  With or without the cardigan, this outfit is pretty, pretty, pretty!
Dress: $62, Cardigan: $58, Belt: $18



If your itching to wear floral right now while the weather is still chilly, here is your answer.  This top is soft and the sleeve detail is perfection.  These jeans are new in the store and they're not only comfortable, they are cute.  The frayed hem is totally in right now so be sure to grab yourself a pair!! 
Jeans: $64, Shirt: $39, Necklace: $36




I hope you enjoyed looking at these outfits as much as I loved putting them together and posting them for you to check out.  If you see something you love, stop on by Mainstream Boutique in Savage if you're close by!  Experience that unbeatable customer service first hand.  Otherwise, give the ladies a call at (952) 440-4020 and they're more than happy to help you out and ship you your purchases.  Not only are they sweet... they're quick to ship because they know you're excited to get your new stuff.
 You can also follow them on Instagram @mainstreamboutiquesavagemn
*you can follow me on IG or Pinterest @hautedishhousewife, on FB at Haute Dish Housewife https://www.facebook.com/hautedishhousewife or on Twitter and SnapChat @HauteDishHWife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment