Friday, August 12, 2016

Kielbasa skillet



Summertime is pretty amazing, right??  The kids are home, the days are busy and I'm loving every minute of it!  It's hard to accept the fact that school will be starting at the end of the month. 
I think by now you know that I really enjoy cooking.  It's no secret.  But do you know what I don't enjoy?  Clean up.  Summer is so fabulous because grilling means less dishes and clean up, and that means more time to enjoy the things I want to enjoy.  But let's face it... I can't grill every single night.  Want to enjoy less dishes, less clean up and more time doing the things you wanna do this summer? Let me introduce you to this kielbasa skillet meal.
Looks pretty amazing, right? One skillet.  Tons of delicious flavor for you and your family to enjoy!  This meal will be perfect once the kids go back to school as well.  It's easy to throw together and minimal clean up will give you more time with your family.  No kids?  No problem.  This skillet meal is a crowd pleaser.  Who wants to be left with tons to do after friends leave for the night?  Not me!

Ok, so the bad thing about this meal is that there isn't a real recipe that I use.  The good thing about this meal (other than it being easy, quick to throw together and delicious) is that there isn't a real recipe.  You can't really screw it up and it tastes amazing every time!
Ready??  Here's a general idea of what you need to make this amazing kielbasa skillet...




Kielbasa Skillet

*Russet potatoes, diced (I used 3 medium ones)
*One ring of Hillshire Farms kielbasa, sliced (I used half of that)
*One can of Frank's sauerkraut (I used half of that as well)
*Half of a sweet yellow onion, sliced
*One bag of shredded cheddar cheese (Let's be honest... I use most of that)
*Salt & Pepper
*Lawry's Seasoning Salt
*Lawry's Garlic Salt
*2 Tbls Vegetable Oil
*2 Tbls Butter

Grab a skillet (cast iron if you have it) and set it to a medium heat.  Add one tablespoon of both butter and oil to the pan.  Add sliced kielbasa and lightly brown on each side.  Remove kielbasa from the pan and add the rest of the oil and butter.  Add onions to the pan until they start to soften.  Then add the diced potatoes to the onions.  Season with salt, pepper, garlic salt and seasoning salt. Fry up the diced potatoes until lightly browned and tender.  Turn heat to low. Add back the kielbasa and top with sauerkraut.  Lastly, top it all with delicious cheese.  Turn off the heat, cover and let the cheese melt.  If you're using cast iron, feel free to set under the broiler to heat up the cheese a bit quicker and more evenly.  Now grab a big spoon and dig in!  Soooooo cheesy and yummy!

*you can follow me on IG @HauteDishHousewife , on FB Haute Dish Housewife , on Pinterest @HauteDishHousewife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife and SnapChat @HauteDishHWife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways. 





No comments:

Post a Comment