Thursday, September 15, 2016

Delicious Stuffed Mushrooms

While the weather may be getting cooler and I've been dreaming of fall fashion and comfort food, the grilling season isn't over yet!  This week I made some grilled steak and pineapple kebabs, grilled asparagus and my most versatile recipe in my arsenal... stuffed mushrooms.
These are absolutely amazing and can be made gluten-free without changing the delicious, savory taste.  I make these for appetizers and I've also made them as a side dish as well.  These cheesy, flavorful stuffed mushroom are a repeated request when I host girls night at my house and I've been asked for the recipe again and again.  It's definitely a crowd favorite and they are soooooo super easy to throw together!  They're a must make for any season and they make the house smell mouthwatering good.
A bonus to this recipe is that you can make them ahead and just pop in the oven, taking up less time when prepping for dinner or entertaining guests.
I'm giving you the recipe as I wrote it down but I'll give you a heads up... you may want to make a double batch because these stuffed mushrooms go speedy fast!


Stuffed Mushrooms

*one package of fresh baby portabella mushrooms
*one Tbls vegetable oil
*one Tbls minced garlic
*8oz cream cheese, room temp
*1/4 cup parmesan cheese
*1/4 tsp pepper
*1/4 tsp onion powder
*1/4 tsp cayenne
*four green onions, chopped
*breadcrumbs (skip the breadcrumbs OR use a gluten-free breadcrumbs to make this a GF dish)

Preheat oven to 350. Spray baking dish.  Clean mushrooms, break off the stems and cut a sliver off the bottom of the mushroom cap to keep the caps from rolling around while you try to stuff and bake them.  Chop stems finely. (I use a food processor to save time)  Set a fry pan to medium heat and add veg oil.  Fry the minced garlic, chopped stems and green onions until all is tender and most of the moisture has disappeared.  Let cool a bit.  When stem mix is no longer hot, add to cream cheese and stir.  Add in parmesan cheese and seasonings.  Fill each cap with cheese mixture and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.  Bake for 20 minutes.

Friends, these are so super easy and incredibly delicious! 

*you can follow me on IG @HauteDishHousewife , on FB Haute Dish Housewife , on Pinterest @HauteDishHousewife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife and SnapChat @HauteDishHWife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways. 



No comments:

Post a Comment