Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Hot Days, Cool (Healthy) Treats

I'm pretty sure you'll never hear this Minnesota Girl complaining about the heat.  Don't get me wrong here; I enjoy my AC in the summertime.  But after the long months of cold dreary weather, I welcome the days of warmth.  Of course, we need to find fun ways to cool down on these hot summer days.  Playing in the pool, running in the sprinkler, splashing at the beach... those are all super fun ways to cool off.  Water is a great way to stay hydrated, but when snack time rolls around and the kiddos are pleading for popsicles with their beautiful baby blues, I can pop a healthy treat out of the freezer that doesn't get a, "this isn't a popsicle" comment from anyone. These are kid and husband approved. (In this house, when it comes to healthy food choices, husband approval is even tougher to get than kid approval. Yikes!) They're very easy to make and I tend to do it after the kids go to bed when I know the following day is going to be a hot one.  This gives them plenty of time to freeze overnight.




Fruity Freeze Pops

*12-18 strawberries
*1/2 banana
*a big handful of watermelon chunks
*3oz pineapple juice

Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.  Pour into ice pop molds & then place in your freezer for 12 hours.  Run hot water over the mold to loosen the fruity freeze pop, hand them out and watch them disappear!

I just love how they look in the mold... kinda pretty, right?



I absolutely love these all natural, healthy little snacks that I can provide for my family and feel good about giving them. What is your fav healthy summer treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment