Friday, February 20, 2015

Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos

I love a good crockpot dinner. I mean, is there anything better than investing 5-10 minutes in the morning, leaving for the day to do your own thing, and then walk in the door hours later to a delicious smelling home and a mouthwatering meal ready to dig into? No. There's not.
I have friends ask me all the time to share my fav crockpot recipes to use on their busy days. Or lazy days. Or just any regular old day. Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos are usually one of the first recipes to come to mind, and it never disappoints!
Yummy, right?
So here's what you need to do to make these tasty tacos:

Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos

*around 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
*1.5 cups of your fav salsa (I normally use my homemade salsa or something I find on sale)
*one packet of your fav taco seasoning (I usually use Lawry's or Ortega)
*one lime, juiced
*one handful of fresh cilantro, chopped

Add this all to your crockpot, set to low for 7 hours and then shred.  It will shred SO easily.
That's it.  For real.

I usually set out some soft flour and corn taco shells, sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, cheese, avocado and more salsa.  Because more salsa is RARELY a bad idea. 
I also like to throw together some cilantro lime rice to add to my tacos.  You certainly don't need it, but I just like to have a little something else in there.  Just take two cups of cooked rice, a teaspoon of butter, juice from one lime, a pinch of salt and a small handful of cilantro, chopped. Mix. Done!

A lunch idea for the following day would be to mix a bit of the chicken, rice and some black beans together and wrap it all in a flour burrito shell to make yourself a super yummy lunch burrito.

Enjoy, friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment