Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Three Ingredients, Phenomenal Flavor!

Sometimes, the simplest things are the very best. A hug from your little one, a wink from the love of your life, a smile from a stranger or an "I'm proud of you" from a parent. You know what else you can add to that list? A delicious main dish that is only 3 ingredients, 5 minutes to throw together and 30 minutes in the oven. 
I've been making these for years and whenever I do I get rave reviews, whether it's from my husband or when I make them for guests.  Friends are usually pretty surprised when I tell them how easy it is to put together. Plus, you guys... B-A-C-O-N.  Kind of a no-brainer, right?
So, here's what you need to make these fantastically delicious...








Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts
*One package of your fav boneless, skinless chicken breasts
*One small container (8oz) of chive and onion cream cheese, room temp
*Bacon (thick cut works best)


Set your oven to 400. Lay chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper and pound out so it's thinner. (I'd say between 1/4-1/2 inch thickness.) Grab a butter knife and spread some chive and onion cream cheese on them. Roll up the chicken breasts and wrap the bacon around it.  I usually use two or three slices of bacon per chicken breast. If you're worried about the bacon curling up and falling off the chicken, you could always secure with baking twine. I grab a 9x13 baking dish and lay a rack over it so the drippings from the cream cheese and bacon drop into the dish, but the rack helps the bacon wrapped chicken breasts cook evenly all around.  Bake for 30 minutes. Then turn on your broiler and let the bacon crisp up a bit more. Watch carefully so they don't burn!
You can serve this with anything from a loaded hashbrown, rice pilaf, or your fav mashed or cheesy potato.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment