Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Get Over It, Cookie.

Yesterday. Was. Tough. 
Please, don't get me wrong.  I'm SO thankful I'm a mother.  I'm thankful to be a stay at home mother.  I even have "mom guilt" for admitting the fact that I had a bad day.  My kids pushed every single button and at one point, I even lost it.  I totally yelled.  I walked away and left them staring at me, wondering if they made me crack.  I took a deep breath, went back in the room, apologized and then ten minutes later my little button pushers were at it again.  Yelling wasn't an option, because it obviously did no good.  So I just trudged through the day and by the time my husband walked into the door, I was close to tears, admitting total defeat.
Doctors have bad days.  Engineers have bad days.  Cab drivers have bad days.  Receptionists have bad days.  Authors have bad days.

Moms (and dads) have their bad days, too.

I can honestly say, days like yesterday are (thank the Lord) few and far between for me... for that I'm so, SO grateful.  But they happen.  When they do... siiiiiiggggghhhhhhh...

So bedtime arrived!  Yippee!  But I wasn't even jumping for joy.  I was ready to cry.  Like I said, friends, DEFEATED.  100%.
I had a little pity cry.  I wiped my tears.  I ran a nice hot bath, grabbed my book and locked the door.  Slowly, the stress melted away and the promise of better days filled my head.  But juuuuuuuust for extra added measure, I grabbed a few cookies, headed to bed and watched Mean Girls... which never fails to make me laugh.

"Put it in the Burn Book."


The cookies completely sealed the deal.  If you need a cookie to cheer you up on an icky day (or to just make a good day even better!) I highly recommend you give these tasty treats a try!


Chocolate Chip Cookies with Caramel and Sea Salt
(Seriously.  I mean...)





*stick of butter, room temp
*3/4 c butter Crisco
(Have I mentioned they aren't super healthy?  Have I mentioned they WILL cheer you up?? :) )
*1 c sugar
*1 c brown sugar
*2 eggs
*1 tsp vanilla
*3 c flour
*1/2 tsp salt
*1.5 tsp baking soda
*1.5-2 c chocolate chips
*jar of smuckers caramel topping
*sea salt

Preheat your oven to 350.
Beat Crisco, butter & sugars. Add eggs & vanilla.  In separate bowl, mix salt, flour & baking soda.  Gradually add to butter/sugar mix.  Add chocolate chips.  Roll rounded teaspoons into balls and place dough on ungreased sheet in the oven.  Bake for 10 minutes.
Let cool for a few minutes. Heat up the caramel for a few minutes in the microwave, grab a spoon and drizzle caramel over the cookies.  Top with sea salt.

You. Are. Welcome.

"Sometimes you need those bad days, because it truly helps you appreciate the good ones."

No comments:

Post a Comment