Monday, September 14, 2015

A Healthy Addiction

Hello. My name is Sara and I have a salsa addiction. There. I said it.
I've canned countless jars of salsa of different varieties.  Mild. Spicy. Black bean, corn and pineapple salsa. Bruschetta. (which is good for numerous things... including a salsa substitute. Recipe is on this blog so be sure to check it out!)  Canned salsa is delicious!  Duh.  Buuuuuuuut my FAV salsa is fresh.  Chop it all up, let the flavors mingle, fresh out of the garden salsa.  It's absolutely divine.  Everything about it rocks.  The colors, the flavors, the way you can add it to breakfast, lunch & dinner.  (Trust me!  Once you taste it, you'll totally "get it.")
The weather here has been cooler the last week or so.  Fall like and crisp.  But nothing is what it seems here in MN and now today is 80 and sunny.  My mind went from pumpkin spice lattes, hotdish and soups to grilling & fresh veggies. (Have I mentioned before that I cook by the weather? I do.)
Aren't these colors GORGEOUS??




Make this delicious fresh salsa, my friend.  You won't regret it!




Fresh Garden Salsa

*8 roma tomatoes
*1 yellow pepper
*1 green pepper
*1 bunch of green onions
*1/2-1 jalepeno (depending how spicy you want it. Be sure
to remove seeds if you like it more mild!)
*1/4-1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped fine
*Juice of one lime
*3 cloves of garlic, minced

Chop all veggies by hand.  (it will go faster than you think!)
Add a pinch of salt and pepper. 
Done! Enjoy, amigo!

*you can follow me on IG or Pinterest @hautedishhousewife, on FB at Haute Dish Housewife https://www.facebook.com/hautedishhousewife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment