Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A Few Hours Well Spent

A few weeks ago my husband was on a fishing trip and between sleepovers, hosting a girls wine & appetizer night and driving back and forth to dance rehearsals, my girls and I spontaneously decided to take a few hours out of the weekend and go on an "adventure."  We decided to take a little trip to Northfield, MN.  Northfield is only about 30 minutes from us and while I've been there before, my kiddos hadn't. It was a cool, cloudy day, but we were so excited to get out and do something fun. 
We parked the car and walked (checking out the stamped sidewalks along the way) to The Tavern of Northfield Restaurant, located in the Archer House River Inn.  This restaurant is located in the basement and is such a super cool looking little place.  We had about a 15 minute wait since it was a Saturday so we took that time to do a bit of exploring the Inn.  We came across a shop called A Bag Lady and while it was filled with pretty accessories and handbags to your hearts desire, my personal fav was the racks of clothing.  They had a really fun vibe going on in there with the clothing and while I promised myself window shopping only, I came across a dress that I just had to have.  (Ok... and a pair of sunglasses) The price was right, it was totally flattering and I was head over heels for the neckline.  Plus the sales associate, Sue, was such a sweetheart and so helpful.   I wore the dress this past weekend for a girls night out and styled it with a pair of pearl earrings, a matching bracelet and red heels for a fun pop of color. (see photos below)  A Bag Lady is located right on Division Street in Northfield and they also have a location in Minneapolis.
Above: Girls Night Out in my new dress
Below: A nightcap at Charlie's on Prior with my dear friend Amy


We enjoyed our lunch at the Tavern.  Their potato chips were seriously my favorite ever and I had the veggie quesadilla off the appetizer menu.  It was the perfect size portion for my lunch since I knew I'd likely be eating whatever my kids left on their plates as well.  #momlife


Then we were back on Division Street to do some more shopping.  We passed by a little art supply store and my kids insisted on going in.  I'm SO happy we did because I found they had large sheets of textured paper and I found myself a really cool piece that works well as background for my food photos.  I love those unexpected treasures! 
We fell in love with a little book store called con*tent.  Libraries and book stores, my friends.  They're where it's at.  We spent a good chunk of our time in there looking around at all the books.  I'm so happy my girls share that love with me.


We were just wrapping up the shopping when we came across a lovely store called Tagg 2.  Obsessed.  They have the most adorable kitchen stuff, gifts and a small clothing selection which is where I found my latest tee.  I feel like I'm wearing the heck out of this tee for everything from daily wear to gardening.  "Locally Grown"  I mean... how fun??!!


This next part was my kids FAVORITE portion of our little adventure... a little bakery called CakeWalk.  OMG.  The best cupcakes ever.  Ever.  EVER.  Tough decisions were made here as it was beyond difficult to choose just one.  My Sweet Girl went with a s'more inspired cupcake, My Little One chose a M&M cupcake and yours truly went with a vanilla cupcake with raspberry filling and frosting.  Decadence.  We indulged heavily.  It was worth it.


Afterward we just had to check out the new Mainstream Boutique on Division Street.  I met Jean, the owner, and she is adorable, sweet and so welcoming and helpful.  The space is absolutely beautiful and totally trendy.  Such a fun addition to Northfield and I'm looking forward to going back. 


The girls and I wrapped up our trip by sitting down by the river to watch a group of kids fish while we chatted about the last few hours spent together.  It was such a fun few hours with them and I can't wait to go back this summer and check out all the things we didn't have time to see on our little Saturday.
Perfection.

*you can follow me on IG @HauteDishHousewife , on FB Haute Dish Housewife , on Pinterest @HauteDishHousewife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife and SnapChat @HauteDishHWife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways.  You can also catch me live on Periscope at HauteDishHWife

No comments:

Post a Comment