Friday, May 6, 2016

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


No joke.  I get asked to make this bread at least once a week, usually by my youngest who is the fiercest lover of banana bread you'd ever meet.  My husband and kids gobble it up.  It's their fav breakfast, snack and dessert.  But for real... do you blame them?  I mean, look at this!

I have no problem saying "yes" to this request because it's super easy to throw together.  I usually have over ripe bananas on hand in the freezer and it's something my kids enjoy helping me make so it gets them in the kitchen as well to help out, which I absolutely love. 
It's no secret that my kitchen is one of my very favorite places in our home.  It's where I spend a good chunk of my day and that's totally ok with me because it's where I really truly enjoy spending my time.  I love to cook up a big meal for friends and family, have a glass of wine and chat around the kitchen.  I love to help my Sweet Girl with her homework at the kitchen counter.  I love sitting down with my family every night for a home cooked meal.  But one of the things I love best about the kitchen is when my girls help me in it.  I'm thrilled that they enjoy cooking and baking with me.  It's our very special time together and they get a kick out of seeing a meal or a dessert come together.


If you have little ones, please encourage them to help you out with this recipe.  With my youngest, I usually measure everything out, let her pour ingredients into the bowls and then she helps me with the hand mixer.  My oldest helps me measure since she understands numbers a bit better.  It's fun to  show her on more than just paper how 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup makes one whole cup.  Or she reads off the ingredients while I gather them all up on the counter.  After we get it in the oven, we usually try to keep ourselves busy with games, puzzles or the like while the smell of delicious chocolate chip banana bread wafts through the air.  Then things get even more tough when we have to wait for it to cool.  But then....  get out the butter and plates because everyone's going to be wanting a piece.




Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

*one cup of sugar
*1/2 cup vegetable oil
*2 large eggs
*4 ripe bananas (I keep mine in the freezer and thaw out before mixing)
*one teas vanilla extract
*2 cups flour
*1.5 teas baking soda
*1/8 teas salt
*1.5 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips



Preheat your oven to 350.  Grease bread pan. Mash up bananas, and then add sugar, oil, eggs & vanilla. Mix well with mixer. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate, larger bowl. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry and mix thoroughly. Gently fold in chocolate chips, pour mix into pans and bake for 55 minutes. Use a toothpick to check and make sure bread is done.  Then, ENJOY!





*you can follow me on IG @HauteDishHousewife , on FB Haute Dish Housewife , on Pinterest @HauteDishHousewife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife and SnapChat @HauteDishHWife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways.  You can also catch me live on Periscope at HauteDishHWife

No comments:

Post a Comment