Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Minimal Effort, Maximum Cool

Let's talk time.  How much time do you have to get yourself ready in the morning?  I usually get anywhere from 5 minutes (seriously) to 30 minutes.  Hopefully once summer vaca rolls around and the kids are out of school that will free up more time, or at least be more consistent, and our schedules won't be so tight.  (YAY for taking showers when I want to versus have to!) Often times I give myself extra time by taking showers in the evenings after the girls go to bed, so that helps a bit. 
One thing that seems to take up much of my "getting ready" time is deciding what to wear.  Some days I can't predict the crazy morning, but when I can I try to set aside something in the closet to save me the time and hassle the following day.  It saves the extra "what to wear" time in the morning which, let's face it, I think we are all guilty of.
I like to wear comfortable clothes that look cute but take minimal effort to throw together.  So when I walked into Mainstream Boutique in Savage this week, I was pretty thrilled that I could pull together 5 outfits in less than 15 minutes.  (Why can't my mornings at home be that easy??!!) These are all pieces that would layer and work well with others in your closet and I paired a few of the outfits with the newest jewelry line in the shop... Em & Gem Designs. Emily is one of the super stylish sales associates at Mainstream Boutique in Savage and happens to be the creative mind behind Em & Gem Designs.  She's a doll.  You'll meet her in a bit...


Some of the other outfits I just went without accessories because I didn't feel they needed them and another I used a super cute chunky red necklace because it went perfect with my red shorts.  (Yes, red shorts.  More on that later as well!)
So anyway, having "uncomplicated" pieces in your closet that seem to work with other items you have can be a definite time saver on those busy mornings!  I also generally choose accessories that will pair with numerous outfits rather than just "that one outfit."  I like effortless.  But I don't like to look like I spent little time on myself. (Although if you see me at drop off at the elementary school, you know that some days it's unavoidable... YIKES! *see 5 minute days*)
Of course, that's not to say I don't enjoy getting fancy now and then.  Mainstream Boutique in Savage is my go to place for those outfits as well.  I happened to come across a long layering dress/tank with soft tulle that I topped with a popcorn poncho.  This would look gorgeous for date night.  But you could also throw a loose tee over the layering dress/tank and make for a chic jeans and tee look.


Without further ado, here are my choices this week from Mainstream Boutique in Savage that will leave you looking effortlessly cool...


First up is this maxi dress. 

 I love this style of maxi dress and I thinks it's such a flattering style. Plus, it boasts floral, which if you know me, you know I'm a fan of!
I grabbed a frayed jean jacket for an extra layer of warmth.

These accessories are the BEST. 

 The Em & Gem necklace is my fav.  Jesus is my homeboy so anything beautiful that includes a cross gets me.  I love how dainty it is and it balances out the fun, chunky turquoise ring.


Next?  Red shorts, you guys.  But I have to admit, these had me thrown.  When I first saw these shorts laying on the new arrival table, they looked long and I didn't think they'd be very flattering.  I kinda wondered what Dyana was thinking! (Sorry Dy!)  But something told me to just give them a try and I was SO HAPPY that I did. 

I learned a few things.  Never judge an item of clothing without trying it on first and never question Dyana when it comes to fashion. She just knows things.
This ended up being one of my fav outfits I tried on.  The shorts were super cute and totally comfortable.  I loved them!  They bring out the red in this top perfectly and the chunky red necklace was a no-brainer to pull it all together.

Soooo... this.  It's a slacker day dream.  It screams "I JUST WANNA BE COMFY ALL DAY" all while looking completely adorable.  

Confession:  I could save so much time by wearing these shorts to bed with a tank, waking up, throwing on a bra and this tee, brush my hair and teeth and then poof!  Done. (Don't judge)  Perfect for those mornings I need to pull myself together in 5-10 minutes. Add some shades, cute shoes and this lovely little Em & Gem Designs necklace and nobody will guess you have half your pajamas on!



Ok, I told you earlier that you'd get a chance to meet the adorable Emily.  Here's the delivery...


Meet Em!


Emily has been working at Mainstream Boutique in Savage now for about 1 year.  She's attending U of M and working on getting her Masters in Integrated Behavioral Health.  Emily has been designing jwel for a few years and this is her first official launch in a retail store. 10% of all purchases are donated to Proj Semi colon which is dedicated to providing hope and support to those suffering from depression, suicidal thoughts, self harm and addiction.  If you'd like a customized piece feel free to email Emily at emandgemdesigns@gmail.com .  She will be sure to create something you'll love!


We wear short shorts!  

Ok... only sometimes.  But they have to be comfortable and not tooooo short.  These shorts from Mainstream Boutique in Savage totally fit the bill.  The denim is soft, the fit is comfortable, they don't ride to low and they don't show your butt if you bend over.  All good things, right!?!? 
I feel like this outfit defines casual cool.  I put on this super cute tank and threw a red, white and blue flannel over it for a warm layer.  PS: This would be super cute for the 4th.  Just saying...


Here's my chance to fancy things up a bit!  Here's the tulle layering tank/dress I was talking about earlier.  ADORABLE, right?!?! 

I dressed it up with a pretty gold Em & Gem necklace and a popcorn poncho, but you could dress it down with a tee or tank to and make it more casual.



I hope you enjoyed looking at these outfits as much as I loved putting them together and posting them for you to check out.  If you see something you love, stop on by Mainstream Boutique in Savage if you're close by!  Experience that unbeatable customer service first hand.  Otherwise, give the ladies a call at (952) 440-4020 and they're more than happy to help you out and ship you your purchases.  Not only are they sweet... they're quick to ship because they know you're excited to get your new stuff.
 You can also follow them on Instagram @mainstreamboutiquesavagemn or FB at Mainstream Boutique Savage MN



*you can follow me on IG @HauteDishHousewife , on FB Haute Dish Housewife , on Pinterest @HauteDishHousewife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife and SnapChat @HauteDishHWife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways.  You can also catch me live on Periscope at HauteDishHWife

No comments:

Post a Comment