Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Fettuccine with Asiago Alfredo

Coming off a long girls weekend is tough!  We ate, drank, shopped and danced our way through New Orleans... all in super cute shoes.  I had so much fun, but I have to admit that it was really great to get home to my husband and kids.  My list of to-dos to catch up on  from being gone for five days seems to be forever long but I'm s-l-o-w-l-y getting there, and the time away was totally worth it.


It was my first time in New Orleans.  First time experiencing Bourbon Street, first time seeing the beautiful architecture it has to offer & my first time trying gumbo of ANY kind. (the seafood gumbo at Tableau was fantastic) But if you know me... you know I'm a total pasta lover, and that was one thing I didn't see much of in New Orleans. By the time I got home I was ready for my carbs!


One thing I don't order much of in restaurants is fettuccini alfredo.  I make one at home that is to die for and so versatile I can do pretty much anything with it.  I love that it's made with asiago, which is my fav.  It's creamy, rich and when you're craving pasta... it really hits the spot!




Looks pretty fantastic, huh?
Here's what you need to do to make your own big pot of creamy deliciousness...



Fettuccine with Asiago Alfredo


*8oz fettucine pasta, cooked al dente
*2 tbls real butter
*one large boneless skinless chicken breast, seasoned with salt and pepper, and then cut into chunks
*8oz portabella mushrooms, sliced (you can use large or baby bells,
and just cut them to the size you desire)
*1.5 cups of heavy cream
*one teas minced garlic
*1/3 cup asiago cheese, shredded
*a bit of parmesan for sprinkling
*salt & pepper to taste


In a large skillet, brown chicken and mushrooms in butter over medium high heat.  Add garlic and cook for a minute, being careful not to burn. Then add cream. Season with a bit more salt and pepper. Keep over medium high heat and stir often. It will start to thicken, and as it thickens you'll want to turn the heat down. Add the asiago cheese and stir.  Remove from heat and stir a bit more so it gets nice and creamy.  Serve over cooked fettuccine and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.  Add a bit of fresh parsley if you want a nice pop of color.



I like to serve this with a yummy side salad or some garlic bread. Or both.  (Who am I trying to kid, right?)


Make this and let me know what you think!  I've made this meatless, (as shown in the photo above) added more veggies (asparagus and red onion really add some taste) and have also thrown in some grilled shrimp.  Delicious, every time!


*you can follow me on IG or Pinterest @sarawuchko, and  on FB at Haute Dish Housewife https://www.facebook.com/hautedishhousewife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment