Monday, November 23, 2015

Swiss Vegetable Medley Bake

This swiss veggie medley has FULL potential of stealing the show away from the green bean casserole. No joke.  It's that good. It's gotten to the point where the first question I get asked is, "What can I bring to help out?"  The second question is, "Are you making that delicious cheesy vegetable bake?"  Yes.  Yes, I am. Broccoli, carrots and cauliflower never tasted so mouth-watering! See?  Looks good, right?

I mean, don't get me wrong.  GBC is my jam.  I love it but let's just say that if I only have room for ONE more thing on my plate because all the turkey and stuffing leaves little room for much else, I'm gonna have to pick the swiss veggie bake.  Why?  First off, it's got great flavor.  Second?  Cheese.  Duh.  I really wouldn't have to go further than that, but I will because... cheese AND French fried onions.  That combo is pretty much to die for and then you add little diced pimentos into the mix for some awesome flavor and DONE.  Decision made. Swiss veggie bake is on my plate and likely everyone else's plate in the room as well.


Go ahead.  Grab a cute casserole dish, throw this recipe together and bring it to your Thanksgiving table.  Watch what happens.  (Psst: You'll end up with an empty casserole dish)



Swiss Vegetable Medley Bake

*one bag (16oz) frozen veg combo (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower)
*one can cream of mushroom soup
*1.5 cups shredded Swiss cheese
*1/3 cup sour cream
*one small jar diced pimentos
*one small can French fried onions (you don't have to use the full can)
*salt and pepper

Set oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together in a big bowl.  Sprinkle in a bit of salt and pepper and then spoon into a casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes.
That's it.  Done!  Easy, right?  And amazing.

I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving.  xoxoxoxo


*you can follow me on IG or Pinterest @hautedishhousewife, on FB at Haute Dish Housewife https://www.facebook.com/hautedishhousewife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment