Thursday, November 19, 2015

What to Wear: Thanksgiving Edition

I'm gonna just lay it out on the table...


Do NOT let that damn bird be dressed better than you.


It doesn't matter if you're hosting or traveling, dressing up or down, if your crew is a dressy bunch or more on the casual side... you are going to want to look cute AND be comfortable, right?
I strolled into Mainstream Boutique in Savage this week on a mission. I wanted to find you the cutest of the new arrivals so you can look as adorable as possible when you meet up with family and friends for Thanksgiving.  I immediately went to the leggings selection because they're so thoughtful and forgiving after that third helping of stuffing.  But then I remembered that Mainstream Boutique in Savage also has a great selection of jeans... my fav being the mid-rise skinny which is also forgiving after a second helping of green bean casserole.  (Did I just admit to being a stuffing and GBC junkie?  Whoops!) 
My Thanksgiving is spent at home.  I love it that way.  It's one of the only holidays that I get to just stay home with my family, have my parents over and cook to my hearts desire.  It also means I can be as dressed up or as dressed down as I wanna be!  Personally, I like to find a nice middle ground.  A comfy pair of jeans or leggings and a super cute shirt.  No dress. No pajamas.  Fair, right?  I need to be comfortable if I'm in the kitchen all day whipping up delicious food, laughing in good company and drinking a few glasses of wine.  (Not to mention watching some football and chasing my girls around in between all this.)


I was lucky enough to have Dyana and Emily at Mainstream Boutique in Savage at my side giving me their valuable advice and opinion.  (It's not just me that they're super sweet & helpful toward... it's everyone! If you're in the area, stop on by and see for yourself!)  It was hard to choose just a few outfits because the inventory is endless with beautiful possibility.  But here are a few of the newest arrivals that became fast favs...




This.  Now I know I said earlier my preference is leggings or comfortable jeans for Thanksgiving Day, but I mean...


How can you not?  The skirt is incredibly soft and a great length.  Plus it goes well with leggings.  And let's not even get me started on that amazing little vest.
Leggings: $36 | Skirt: $38 | Shirt: $42 | Vest: $44 | Bootie: $52 | Necklace: $32


This next outfit stood out to me right when I walked in the door, mostly because I think this long vest is the gorgeous! That set us on the search for the perfect shirt to wear under it and the detail on this long sleeve beauty is what did it for me. I love the lace detail on the neckline and by the hands.  So pretty!


The accessories are adorbs! (Yes, I said that.  But they really are!) Plus, fringe booties are on everyone's wish list. Because... CUTE.  Lucky for you, Mainstream Boutique in Savage knows this and has a few different options for your fringe bootie fix. (more on that later)
High Waisted Leggings: $38 | Shirt: $39 | Vest: $42 | Necklace: $36 | Bootie: $49 | Handbag: $49


Let's throw on some jeans and a cute top, shall we??  I love the fit of this color block top.  It's totally casual but completely cute.  Just my style for kicking off the holiday season!  The fit of these jeans is the best (mid-rise and soft denim) which is only a bonus to them looking fabulous.
Jeans: $89 | Shirt: $59 | Bootie: $49 | Necklace: $22


Booty, Booty, Booty, Booty rockin' everywhere!!!  I found you... Ms. New Booty...


I'm sorry.  But I had to.  Because I did find these brand new booties in a fresh box of new arrivals and we had to get them out ASAP.  The darling factor on these were just too much and I thought they went so great with this other super casual outfit we picked out. 


It's no secret... I kinda dig flannel. So, it's a good thing that's very much in style as well.  Flannel and fringe... yes and yes.
Jeans: $89 | Shirt: $58 | Tank: $36 | Bootie: $42 | Necklace: $28


Let's talk about this poncho.  Other than the fact that it's totally lovely, I like how it's not too much.  It's not to baggy.  It's not to "loud." It's not too casual OR too dressy.  It's just right.  It can be dressed up or down, which is a nice option for Thanksgiving day.  For this outfit, while I thought it would look wonderful with a nice pair of skinnies or boot cut jeans, I chose to pair it with some high waisted leggings.  I'm sure you know by now they're my fav?  Well, they are.  Grab a pretty necklace to go with it and you've got yourself a perfectly pretty ensemble.

Leggings: $38 | Tank: $36 | Poncho: $64 | Bootie: 42 | Necklace: $24

Like what you see?  You can easily order by calling Mainstream Boutique in Savage 952-440-4020.
They'll ship directly to your door for only $6.95 and you'll get to experience their fantastic customer service yourself! Be sure to follow Mainstream Boutique on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mainstreamboutiquesavagemn and on Instagram @mainstreamboutiquesavagemn


*you can follow me on IG or Pinterest @hautedishhousewife, on FB at Haute Dish Housewife https://www.facebook.com/hautedishhousewife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways.


No comments:

Post a Comment