Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Love My Lashes

I have always said that the one beauty product I couldn't live without (other than chapstick, because, duh...) would be mascara.  On the days I choose to go without or just run out of time to apply it, I get remarks such as, "Ooooohhhh, you look tired." Or even, "Are you coming down with something."  Yeaaaahhhh.  Then at the end of the day when I'm washing my face and removing makeup, it never fails that my mascara is the biggest pain in the butt to get off.  Or, God forbid you cry during an unexcpected sad book or movie (or if your at your wits end with a crabby kid) and you find yourself looking in a mirror with mascara streaks down your face.
None of these things are fun but totally worth it to have longer looking lashes, right?? But wouldn't it be even better to have those stunning lashes without the hassle of mascara?? I've tried numerous mascaras and haven't really achieved the long, natural lash look I've been hoping for.
But behold!  I've found an answer!


Check out my before and after.  Sweet, right?



Before

After
After

I've been curious about lash extensions for a long time now. The idea of waking up, looking in a mirror and not looking like death just seemed super appealing to me.(heehee)  But for real. 
I hesitated because I worried they'd be super high maintenance, (wrong) maybe kinda painful to put on/have (wrong again, completely pain free and they feel like your natural lashes) and that they wouldn't be worth the money spend on them.  (Totally off base as they are so worth it. Plus mention my blog and you'll get a deal.  More on that later...)
I recently got in touch with my friend Mary Beth, whom I worked with years ago BK. (Before Kids)
Seriously... isn't she adorable!?!?!

I found out that she has been doing lash extensions for women all over the Twin Cities area for SIX years.  That makes for many happy clients!  (She recently applied lash extensions to her first post-chemo patient and said that seeing her so happy at the end of the appointment was one of her best moments being in this profession)   She owns her own business called Love My Lashes by MB and works out of a cute, cozy little office in Savage.  I decided to take the plunge and make an appointment. 
Not only was it wonderful to see MB, catch up on life and get advice on motherhood, I got to lay down, relax and just let her go to work on making my eyes beautiful.  Mary Beth gently glued the extensions onto my own eyelashes, one by one and it was completely pain free to apply them.  No pulling or poking. In fact, she said many of the women who come into her office fall asleep during their appointment.  Imagine that!  Then you get to wake up to lush, gorgeous looking lashes?!?!  I'd call that a positive experience, FOR SURE!
I was absolutely thrilled when I opened my eyes and saw my new lashes.  It was even better knowing that I was going to wake up the next day and they'd still look just as long and pretty.  I'm totally addicted and I'm so glad I gave Love My Lashes by MB a try. I'm a super happy client!  

So here's the big bonus for you...
Call Mary Beth to make your appointment (or just to have her answer any questions you may have) and mention my blog.  You will get your lashes (reg. $200 for a full set) for $100.  Seriously.  50% off... that's to good of a deal to pass up.  Let your curiosity get the best of you and give these lashes a try.  I really couldn't be happier with my results and I'm willing to bet you'll be thrilled with yours as well.
You can follow Love My Lashes by MB on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LoveMyLashesBymb/?fref=ts or feel free to email Mary Beth at imhoff.mb@gmail.com with any questions.
And, of course, you may give her a call as well...


*you can follow me on IG or Pinterest @hautedishhousewife, on FB at Haute Dish Housewife https://www.facebook.com/hautedishhousewife , Snap Chat username: HauteDishHWife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife for more food, fashion and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment