Monday, March 21, 2016

My (afforable and pretty) Spring Tablescape

Confession:  I just recently (like, we are talking a few weeks ago) removed the snowmen and Christmas table runner from my dining room table.  Seriously.  So ashamed. 
I took down my other winter décor back in January (I want to point that out so you know I kinda got my sh*t together) but when it comes to my dining room table, it just drives me crazy to leave it bare and I was super indecisive about what I wanted.  In fact, I made the decision NO Easter egg colors.  I'm not a big fan of pastels on my table... or so I thought. 
I was at Target with both girls and on a mission.  Actually, I decided I was on a mission while standing in the dollar section (if you can resist that little area of the store, you  have some kind of freaky super human power) and I came across some small, glittery Easter egg ornaments, a wooden "spring" sign and pretty yellow pails.  I suddenly had an idea and accepted that YES... as a matter of fact, I DO want a bit of pastel on my Spring table.  I thought of what I had at home that could go with this and I decided some pretty tulips in one of my old vases would be pretty.  I could cut the strings off the egg ornaments and place them in wine glasses.  (I bought a package of 4 for $5 from Target this past winter to use on my Winter tablescape)
 I struggled a bit with napkins and napkin rings.  I had nothing at home that would work so I grabbed a new set of napkins (4 for under $10) and my mind went back to the dollar section where I saw a package of flower clips for $1.  I figured since I couldn't find napkin rings that I loved, I'd use the flower clips and some twine from home to make my own.
I did splurge on a hurricane candle holder for $20.  Mostly because I knew I could reuse it all year throughout the house. That makes it definitely worth the $20.
Then, or course, after I thought I was done I came across the little succulents for under $5 so I grabbed a few of those as well.  (Damn you Target, with your strategically placed objects!!)
So anyway, I've never claimed to be an interior decorator buuuuuut, I'm proud of my first official Spring tablescape.  I hope you like it too.





Happy Spring!


*you can follow me on IG or Pinterest @hautedishhousewife, on FB at Haute Dish Housewife https://www.facebook.com/hautedishhousewife , Snap Chat username: HauteDishHWife or on Twitter @HauteDishHWife for more food, fashion and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment