Monday, May 11, 2015

Indulge

Cookie lovers, REJOICE!  Not only do I have the best chocolate chip cookie recipe in the whole world, but I made it even better by adding a few simple things... caramel and sea salt.  Yeaaaahhhh, you're welcome.
So, lately I've been trying to ditch the bad eating habits I tend to pick up over the winter months and make healthier choices. Let's be honest... we all wanna look super cute in a swimsuit.  French fries are not going to get me there.  I'm NOT talking diet, (because I pretty much hate that word) but more of a permanent change. A salad in place of fries, grilled veggies in place of potato... things like that.  However, that's not to say I don't let myself indulge a bit now and then.  Just more like once or twice a week rather than once or twice a day.  I have a few exceptions to my rules, of course.


1. Vacations don't count.  Vacations are all about the food, wine, sleep & sunshine.  Vacations are the definition of indulging. 
2. Entertaining.  When we have people over for dinner, the rules don't apply.
3. Wine.  I just like it too much.  Is there anything better than a Friday night dinner on the deck with a glass of wine?  Nope.


One of my favorite things to make when I'm looking to indulge is chocolate chip cookies.  I've tried MANY chocolate chip cookie recipes and when I came across this one, my search ended.  It's perfection, friends.  I'm totally certain you'll agree with me once you try them.  (Note: if you're looking for a healthy cookie recipe, this is NOT it.  For real. But it's SO worth it!)




Here's what you need to make:




Chocolate Chip Cookies With Caramel & Sea Salt

*one stick of unsalted butter
*3/4 cup butter Crisco
*one cup sugar
*one cup brown sugar
*2 eggs
*one tsp vanilla
*3 cups flour
*1/2 tsp salt
*1.5 tsp baking soda
*1.5 c chocolate chips
*jar of Smucker's caramel, heated in microwave for 30 seconds
*sea salt


Preheat oven to 350.  Beat Crisco, butter & sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla.  In separate bowl, whisk salt, flour and baking soda.  Gradually mix wet with dry.  Add chocolate chips. Place rounded balls of dough (about 1.5 tbls) onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.  Grab your jar of heated caramel and a spoon, and drizzle caramel over each cookie.  Then sprinkle a bit of sea salt over the caramel. 

You will seriously fall in love.


*you can follow me on IG or Pinterest @hautedishhousewife, and soon on FB at Haute Dish Housewife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment